June 6, 2010
Present: Bruce Bonar, Marc Foster, Tina Harbin, Claudia Ragar, Gretchen Reist- Henderson, Craig Roberts Ryan Stringfellow, Travis Reed Not Present: Cliff Sprinkle, Jen Taylor, Steve Thompson Minutes by: Bruce Bonar
1. The meeting was called to order at 5:42PM.
2. Gretchen read Global Ends #3.
3. Minutes of the three April 22, 2010 meetings were approved.
4. a. A recap of the previous radio show was followed by a discussion of the public library’s kids programs. Marla Wood from the Blue Pig Gallery will be on the next radio show.
b. The Healthy Community/Global Ends committee discussed the process, including a recap of our discussions about Healthy Community at the retreat.
c. Gretchen reported on a tour of the Family Health West facility in Fruita, which led to a broader discussion about the Healthy Community concept and our role.
5. There was no Community Advisory Board report (no Steve).
6. Ryan demonstrated the Backpackit software. Bruce will create a document control protocol.
7. a. A Policy Governance presentation for other non-profits was discussed. The consensus was to invite other P.G. Boards to the Healthy Community show to discuss Policy Governance.
b. The 360 Review topic was discussed. It was agreed that this is an Operations aspect.
The Executive Monitoring Committee could address requests for additional information.
8. Appreciation items: three postcards were circulated for signatures.
9. Other items: Claudia has a new e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. The meeting adjourned at 6:56PM.