Beginning at 6:30 pm, Tedi gave the ED and Staff Reports.
1) The meeting was called to order at 6:50 PM.
2) Approval of Board Minutes: The minutes of the October 16, 2012 Board of Directors meeting were approved.
3) Budget to Actual report for year to date was reviewed.
4) 2013 Draft Budget Report: The ED provided an updated draft 2013 budget and will provide a final budget in the next few months.
5) BOD Events:
A) December Open House: Board of Directors open house will be Thursday, December 13, from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm in the Radio Room. Staff has arranged for food and beverages as well as live music. There will be no regular December BOD meeting.
B) Board Breakfasts: Tedi talked to the board about having informal “Board Breakfasts” where board members could have a forum for exchanging information with members and underwriters. We also discussed adding a board blurb to the Pow-Wow as a means to disseminate board information.
6) SWOT Threat #1: External Debt:
A) Board Driven Fund Raising: The board will keep focused on fund raising activities geared toward retiring the line-of-credit debt. Board members will develop fund raising ideas and look for ways that volunteers could assist with them.
7) Committee Updates
A) Executive Monitoring: The previous ED Monitoring report was discussed briefly as there was no update. The ED Monitoring Committee will create a folder for the reports and keep in the public file. A line item on the ED Monitoring checklist will be added so that we check to ensure that ED Monitoring reports are being placed in the new folder.
B) Real Estate: The house at 1304 Ute Ave. is being painted so that it can be rented out again.
C) Capitol Improvements: Tedi has been in discussions with Peter Trosclair to manage the upgrades to the broadcast and production booths.
D) Finance: No updates.
E) IT: New computers have been ordered for staff to replace failing ones. New copies of office software suites have been ordered to enable all staff members to have fully functional workstations.
F) CAB: Meeting has been postponed.
8) Other Business: No new business.
9) Meeting was adjourned at 8:37 pm.