March 8, 2012
Present: Barry Barak, Bruce Bonar, Michael Piontkowski, Claudia Ragar, Jason Smith, Cliff Sprinkle, Jen Taylor, Tedi Gillespie, Joanie Leinbach Minutes by: Bruce Bonar
1. Following the Staff Reports, the meeting was called to order at 6:18 PM.
2. Jen read the “Volunteers” Global End Policy.
Joanie Leinbach, candidate for the Board election, spoke to the Board about her interest in becoming a Board member.
3. Minutes of the February 9, 2012, meeting were approved.
4. Committee updates:
a. Executive Monitoring- the EMC report was discussed. It was agreed that the Executive Monitoring Committee should examine required documents for content as well as verifying the documents’ presence.
b. Hiring- The ED job description has been posted on the website, Craig’s List, NFCB, and has an on-air read announcement. The application period closes March 16.
- 2 formal applications have been received so far.
- The committee will use a matrix to evaluate candidates and make recommendations to the Board.
c. Real Estate- possible alternatives were discussed.
d. Capital Improvements- Notice has been sent to programmers requesting input, with some responses received.
e. Finance- See budget discussion, agenda item #5.
f. IT- A meeting with all the participants is necessary before moving forward with changes to Internet service, streaming, servers, etc.
g. CAB- Nothing to report.
5. Budget discussion: The Board reviewed the IED’s draft of the 2012 budget.
A motion was approved: “The Board of Directors authorizes the Interim Executive Director to pay $5000 towards the credit card balance.
The IED will take comments under advisement and submit a revised budget at the next Board meeting.
6. Other business: There was discussion of the new progressive news/talk radio station at 97.7 FM.
7. The meeting was adjourned at 8:47 PM.