September 8, 2011
Present: Barry Barak, Bruce Bonar, Claudia Ragar, Jason Smith, Cliff Sprinkle, Jen Taylor, Marc Foster Not Present: Michael Piontkowski Minutes by: Bruce Bonar Minutes by: Bruce Bonar
1. Following a staff report by the Executive Director, the meeting was called to order at 6:10 pm.
2. Cliff read Global Ends Policy #4.
3. Minutes of the August meeting were approved.
4. The topic of the Policy Governance exercise was “Should the Board establish committees to solve a crisis.”
5. Marc gave a wrap-up of the raffle: 2250 tickets were printed, 332 are left, 6 tickets were voided because they were sold twice. There were questions about entries in the records of expenses and deposits. Marc will prepare a complete accounting for the Board. Appreciation actions were discussed.
6. Barry gave the Watts-Up summary:
- The antenna has been ordered ($14,900).
- The PTFP grant (which had been in jeopardy) has been extended to December 31.
- Installation is expected in October.
7. Real estate summary:
- We have received a 12-month extension from the Arguellos.
- A motion: “Approve the ED withdrawal of $20,400 from the Alpine Line of Credit for the Arguello loan.” The motion passed without dissent.
- The Real Estate Committee (Cliff, Barry, Jen) will continue to explore options.
8. Committee updates:
a. CAB. Jason has been going to CAB meetings, and will continue to serve as Board liaison to the CAB.
b. Executive Monitoring Committee. The EMC met with Marc and reviewed documents.
The EMC report was not completed in time for this meeting, and will be sent to Board members by e-mail.
9. 2011 Operating Budget to Actual Monthly update: Marc will work on the 2012 budget after the fall membership drive.
10. Other Business: Board shows for the membership drive were discussed, including the Healthy Community show, scheduled for noon to 1 pm Thursday, September 29. The next regular Board meeting will be October 13.
11. The meeting was adjourned at 8:10PM.