October 13, 2011
Present: Barry Barak, Bruce Bonar, Claudia Ragar, Jason Smith, Cliff Sprinkle, Marc Foster, Scott Troy Not Present: Michael Piontkowski, Jen Taylor Minutes by: Bruce Bonar Minutes by: Bruce Bonar
1. The meeting was called to order at 6:10 pm.
2. Bruce read Global Ends Policy #3.
3. Minutes from the September 8, 2011 meeting were approved.
4. There was no Policy Governance exercise.
5. Discussion of a review of the Executive Director included what to review and how to review. There was general agreement that the evaluation will be based of the Executive Limitations policies. Marc suggested 6 constituencies: Board, staff, volunteers, members, underwriters and the ED self-evaluation. Questions for the constituencies will be tailored to the Executive Limitations Policies. Jason will help set up electronic survey questions. An ad-hoc Performance Evaluation Committee will frame the questions, send surveys out and digest the results. Claudia, Michael P and Jason were nominated to the committee.
6. Watts Up: The antenna is here, parts have been ordered, the engineer and rigger have been arranged. Most parts are due in the next two weeks. Tentative schedule for the installation is Halloween weekend.
Real Estate: Documentation of the Arguello agreement was discussed.
There was no CAB meeting. There is no new progress on Board documents review. The Executive Monitoring Committee will meet Wednesday, October 19 at 5:30 pm.
A standing Finance Committee will be formed. Barry, Jen and Cliff were nominated.
7. The Budget to Actual monthly report was not ready yet. Marc said the Directors and Officers liability insurance policy is current.
8. Other business: There will be an art auction February 2 at the Doubletree Hotel. A Board-hosted open house in December was discussed.
9. The meeting adjourned at 8 pm.