March 10, 2011
Present: John Anglim, Bruce Bonar, Claudia Ragar, Gretchen Reist Henderson, Cliff Sprinkle, Jen Taylor, Marc Foster, Jason Smith, Nora Wedemeyer Minutes by: Bruce Bonar
1. After the staff report from the Executive Director, the meeting was called to order at 6:27PM.
2. Jen read Global Ends Policy #5.
3. The Policy Governance Exercise scenario was Operations vs. Policy Governance Zealots.
4. Minutes for the February 9, 2011, meeting were approved.
5. Gretchen will give Board members a list for the Watts Up Campaign /Appreciation Items.
6. The Executive Monitoring Committee delivered its report and the ED responded with progress reports in issues noted.
- The ED met with the EMC (Jen, Cliff and Bruce) on 2/2/11.
- It was recommended the due date for the Membership Statistics report be changed to 1/31.
- Cliff volunteered to reconcile the bank accounts on an interim basis until the services of an outside bookkeeper are secured.
7. Bruce gave an update on documents review progress. The Mission Statement, Bylaws and Governance Process Policies were brought up-to-date, and the GVP document was split into several separate documents (Governance Process Policies, Executive Limitations, Board-Executive Linkage, and Global Ends Policies). The Board approved these edits as the current versions. Claudia and Bruce will meet March 21 to begin reviewing documents to identify consistency and policy issues.
8. Board Recruitment update: The Board discussed filling existing vacancies and candidates for the upcoming election.
- Barry Barak was appointed to fill the vacant Board position which expires in 2012.
9. Possibilities for the annual Board Retreat were discussed. It was decided to hold the Retreat on May 21 at the traditional cabin. There will be no regular Board meeting on May 12.
10. Other Business:
a. Line of Credit: A motion was passed: “Marc Foster, Darla Beasley and Cliff Sprinkle are authorized to draw from the line of credit, and the Board must be notified following the withdrawal.”
b. Vice-President Claudia Ragar will be added to the check signing card.
c. A motion was passed for the Board to go into Executive Session to review Executive Limitations and Global Ends.
11. Following the Executive Session, the meeting was adjourned at 8:45PM.