June 9, 2011
Present: Barry Barak, Bruce Bonar, Michael Piontkowski, Claudia Ragar, Jason Smith, Cliff Sprinkle, Jen Taylor Marc Foster Minutes by: Bruce Bonar
1. Following staff reports by the Executive Director, the meeting was called to order at 5:57PM.
2. Jason read Global Ends Policy #2.
3. Jeff Wendland presented an audit review for the years ending December 31, 2009 and 2010. The audit was satisfactory.
4. The Policy Governance exercise was a discussion of “owners”. Claudia will draft a summary of the discussion.
5. Minutes for the April 14 regular BOD meeting, April 28 Annual Membership Meeting, and April 28 special meeting (to elect BOD officers) were approved.
6. The following revisions to the Global Ends Policies were approved:
51. COMMUNITY OUTREACH (Why)
GVPRC is committed to the outreach initiative termed “Healthy Community” that promotes KAFM as a conduit for the exchange of ideas and dissemination of information for local, mission-based non-profit, for-profit and government entities working to improve the quality of life in our community.
12. CONTENT (What)
Grand Valley Public Radio Company, Inc. GVPRC will offer deliver high quality programs in ways with content not otherwise widely available in the Grand Valley community, such as music programming, human interest/community events and local information & content, emphasizing a commitment to local musicians, artists and viewpoints emphasizing musical and cultural variety, the fine and performing arts, and community events and information.
23. VOLUNTEERS (Who)
Grand Valley Public Radio GVPRC will promote public access to and involvement in the production and dissemination of content in all areas of its operations.
34. MEMBERS ACCESS (How)
Grand Valley Public Radio Company GVPRC will increase the access by individuals who have the ability to listen, hear, interact with and support the organization by any number of approaches.
45. FACILITIES ASSETS (How, Where)
Grand Valley Public Radio GVPRC will maintain and develop its assets in a manner that promotes people with diverse backgrounds meeting, exchanging ideas and exploring their creativity
7. The Calendar Of Events draft is in revision. We will have a regular Board meeting July 14. The Board will be at the Farmers’ Market July 21 from 5:30 to 7:30.
8. Committee Updates: a. Executive Monitoring Committee: The Executive Monitoring Report format is being looked at. b. Watts Up: The Landcruiser will be ready towards the end of June. c. Real Estate: Cliff presented details of the recent meeting. The committee is preparing the package for Alpine Bank. d. CAB: Tabled.
9. Healthy Community discussion: Barry presented a history of “Healthy Community.” A discussion of the present and future of Healthy Community followed.
10. PG and 360 Review: Tabled.
11. Other business: There was a discussion of KAFM hosting a round table discussion with other radio stations. John Anglim will be available to take Board Members’ photos.
12. The meeting was adjourned at 8:20PM.