August 12, 2010
Present: Bruce Bonar, Marc Foster, Tina Harbin, Claudia Ragar, Gretchen Reist- Henderson, Craig Roberts, Cliff Sprinkle, Steve Thompson, Tracy Baker, Judy Craddock, Ryan Stringfellow, Barry Barak Not Present: Jen Taylor Minutes by: Bruce Bonar
1. Following ED and staff reports, the meeting was called to order at 5:56 PM.
2. Tina read Global Ends Policy #4.
3. Minutes for the June meeting were approved.
4. Ryan reported the previous balance on the line of credit has been paid off. The line of credit must be renewed annually, and all balances must also be paid off annually. The Board approved renewing the line of credit. There is no current balance.
5. Barry reported on the “Watts up” capital campaign:
- He asked the Board for help getting the word out.
- Alpine Bank has pledged $5000.
- Home Loan has pledged and issued a challenge to other companies.
- The campaign goes public October 4.
- The goal is $116,300. We are currently nearing $20,000 in pledges. Several current and former Board members were recognized for their significant contributions.
- We need to raise $27,000 to qualify for a matching PTFP grant, which together will cover the $54,000 signal costs.
6. The Board had a discussion regarding hiring a new Executive Director.
- Ryan’s departure date will be November 11.
- The Board voted to establish an ad hoc Search Committee (Cliff, Mark, Gretchen, Craig). The Committee will draft a timeline and define the process, review the job description, draft a position announcement, screen candidates and forward recommendations to the full Board. The Committee was authorized to seek whatever input they felt appropriate to make their decisions.
7. The Executive Monitoring Committee needs to set a meeting.
8. The RadioDaze fundraiser will be August 14. The Fall Fund Drive will be September 25 to October 2. The Zombie Prom will be October 1.
9. In “Other Business”, staff was asked about the pledge levels for the fund drive. The Family Membership was raised to $75, and the single membership level of $35 has been eliminated. Staff was asked by the Board how this will affect the number of members eligible to vote, since there would apparently be no membership levels below $75. Staff responded it was their intent that anyone who contributes at any amount would be eligible to vote.
10. The meeting was adjourned at 7:11 PM.