March 12, 2009
Present: John Anglim, Bruce Bonar, Gretchen Reist-Henderson, Claudia Ragar, Angie Salazar, Jen Taylor, Mara, Ryan, Lee. Not present: Sarah Lee Marshall, Andrea Metz, Craig Roberts.
0. The meeting was called to order at 5:30.
b. Details of the BOD retreat at Gateway Canyons are still being determined.
c. Details of having the Executive Director report on Executive Limitations were discussed.
- The ED will review the Executive Limitations and report on any issues or problems.
- The Board will do an annual comprehensive review and track any patterns with on-going issues.
- The ED will report on Ends at the annual retreat.
d. A role-playing exercise involving an individual BOD member giving instructions to the ED was conducted and discussed.
-Birthday Bash at Boomers 3/13.
- Reel Time at the Radio Room next Thursday, 3/17 (“Trouble the Water”).
- Fund Drive is 3/17-3/28, with a concert broadcast in the last hours of the drive.
- MOG sale April 11. KAFM VIP sale from 9-10.
- Earth Day is 4/18 at the Fairgrounds from 11-5, with an effort to recruit volunteers.
- Palisade Roots and Bluegrass Festival is in June, with a KAFM presence.
- Farmers Market downtown this summer, with a KAFM booth.
b. Board members are encouraged to bring friends to these events.
(NOTE: After the meeting it was determined the Board will hold the regular monthly meeting April 9, and select the 2 Board-elected members at that meeting. The annual membership meeting will be held April 30, at which the remaining Board member will be elected by the membership. Following the election, the Board will hold a special meeting to elect officers. There will be no regular monthly meeting in May. The annual Board retreat will be May 30/31.)