September 9, 2010
Present: Bruce Bonar, Marc Foster, Tina Harbin, Claudia Ragar, Gretchen Reist- Henderson, Craig Roberts, Cliff Sprinkle, Jen Taylor, Steve Thompson, Tracy Baker, Judy Craddock, Ryan Stringfellow Minutes by: Bruce Bonar
1. The meeting was called to order at 6:02 PM.
2. Marc read Global Ends Policy #1.
3. Minutes of the August Board meeting were approved.
4. Ryan gave a summary of the Watts Up capital campaign so far. Total pledges, including the PTFP grant, are currently at $58,784. He gave the Board an update on the timeline. The Board asked Ryan to draft a contract for his continuing consultation for the Watts Up following his departure as Executive Director.
5. The Executive Hiring Committee reported on the search for a new ED. We have currently received 12 (or was it 13) résumés.
6. Global Ends Policy #5 was revised to now read: "GVPRC is committed to the outreach initiative termed 'Healthy Community' that promotes KAFM as a conduit for the exchange of ideas and dissemination of information for local, mission-based non-profit ,for-profit and government entities working to improve the quality of life in our community."
7. a. Bruce and Claudia will serve as an ad hoc committee to review board documents. Executive Limitations and Executive Monitoring documents will be the first to be reviewed.
b. Bruce will draft a document handling protocol.
8 & 9 were skipped.
10. The Board voted to revise two sections of the By-Laws.
Section 3.4: The sentence “Membership dues will be determined by the Executive Director.” will be inserted following the sentence ending with “…as reflected by the Corporation’s records.”
Section 7.1: This section had been revised to read “All memberships shall be entitled to one vote per membership on each issue on which members are entitled to vote.”
11. Two appreciation postcards were circulated for Board signatures. Claudia will call High Noon Solar to thank them for their donation of 9 solar panels.
12. was skipped.