January 14, 2009
Present: John Anglim, Bruce Bonar, Sarah Lee Marshall, Andrea Metz, Craig Roberts, Angie Salazar, Jen Taylor, Ryan Stringfellow. Not present: Gretchen Reist-Henderson, Claudia Ragar.
0. The meeting was called to order at 5:39PM.
1. John read the Mission Statement.
2. Minutes of the November 13, 2008 meeting were approved.
3. There were no appreciation items. Changes to the position of Appreciation Items on the agenda was discussed and is under consideration.
4. a. The Healthy Community radio program is on track for Tuesday, January 20, at 12:30PM, with Linda Taylor from the Center for Independence as the guest.
b. Future possibilities for HC Outreach Gatherings were discussed.
c. The Human Services Council has confirmed KAFM to host and present on 9/15/09, in the Radio Room, 8:00 to 9:30AM.
5. a. An overview of the Policy Governance Retreat was discussed. Among the decisions:
1. a. Board Members will sign the Board Member Agreement each year at the PG Retreat (in May, the first meeting following the annual member elections).
b. The video of Ellen’s presentation will be provided to new BOD members for training during their first month (between election and the Retreat).
2. We will alternate reading the Mission Statement and Ends Policies as agenda topic #1 each month.
3. Ends Policies will be discussed at the Retreat.
4. A motion was passed without dissent: “We will establish a cashflow floor and update the Executive Limitations accordingly at the May Retreat. In the interim, the Executive Director will forego providing the BOD with monthly financial statements, but shall not fail to inform the BOD if we are approaching a financial crisis.”
5. Andrea and Ryan will investigate placing BOD documents on the website, for Board discussion in March.
6. A motion was passed without dissent: “The Executive Director will deliver an Ends Progress Report (EPR) twice a year, in November and May.”
b. & c. New Items/Reports/Formats and the year ahead were discussed throughout the meeting.
6. a. Ryan presented an abbreviated version of The 2009 Budget Overview.
b. The three incumbent Board members whose terms expire this year (Craig, Jen and Bruce) all expressed an interest in continuing to serve on the Board. Consistent with practice in previous years, this constitutes notice of interest in serving on the Board, and it is not necessary for them to submit a new letter of interest.
Notice of the annual member election and invitation to submit letters of interest for new candidates will be announced per the Bylaws.
7. The meeting adjourned at 7:43PM.