February 12, 2009
Present: John Anglim, Bruce Bonar, Gretchen Reist-Henderson, Sarah Lee Marshall, Claudia Ragar, Craig Roberts, Jen Taylor, Ryan Stringfellow. Not present: Andrea Metz, Angie Salazar.
0. The meeting was called to order at 5:39PM.
1. Claudia read Global Ends Policy #1.
2. Minutes of the January 14, 2009, meeting were approved without dissent.
3. Postcards to underwriters and a thank you letter to Williams Production were signed by the Board.
4. a. Healthy Community outreach:
-Craig touched briefly on the GJ Symphony.
b. -The Healthy Community radio program was great. The program was recorded to be posted as a podcast.
-The next program will be with COPMOBA, February 17.
-Other potentials discussed included “Bridges out of Poverty”, Gateway Outdoor Education School (GOES), and Nature Deficit Disorder.
c. Human Services Council meeting:
-Jen e-mailed Carol Viner to ask for a calendar.
-Carol asked to come on the radio to discuss “White Ribbon Award” breakfast.
d. Jen attended a “Meet the Funders” meeting.
5. a. Ryan reviewed the 4th quarter Executive Monitoring Reports.
b. The 1st quarter Executive Monitoring Session date will be decided by the committee following further communications.
c. The Board participated in a role-playing exercise involving Executive Limitations.
6. a. The Annual Retreat is proposed for Sat 5/30 and Sun 5/31 at Gateway Canyons.
b. -Audio from the Ellen Wuertz Retreat has been edited. John will review the edited audio to determine what else needs to be done.
-The video is still in raw form on digital tape. Ryan will look at trying to get it transferred onto DVDs.
7. The meeting adjourned at 7:17PM.