August 13, 2009
Present: John Anglim, Bruce Bonar, Gretchen Reist-Henderson, Sarah Lee Marshall, Andrea Metz, Claudia Ragar, Jen Taylor, Ryan Stringfellow. Not present: Craig Roberts, Angie Salazar.
1.The meeting was called to order at 5:34PM.
2. Claudia read Global Ends Policy #4.
3. Minutes for the following meetings were approved: April 9, 2009; April 30, 2009 Annual Membership; April 30, 2009 Special, and July 9, 2009.
4. a. Jen called all the names on the Appreciation Call List she had received from Mara.
b. There were no new thank you cards to be signed.
5. a. John reported on the previous Healthy Community radio show (Western Colorado Housing Resources), and the upcoming show with Alison Sarmo (Grand Junction Arts & Culture Commission).
b. There was no Human Services Council update (no Angie).
c. KAFM hosts the Human Services Council meeting at the station Tuesday, September 15 (8:00-9:30AM).
There was also a discussion of doing a Healthy Community show during the Fall Fund Drive.
6. a. The Executive Monitoring Report was reviewed. (No issues.)
b. The Executive Monitoring Committee reported no problems were found. They will prepare a written report.
c. Action Items from the Retreat will be discussed at the September Board meeting.
d. The Policy Governance role-playing exercise dealt with means vs. ends and Executive Limitations (and Policy Governance “zealots”).
7. A motion “to authorize the Executive Director to renew the Alpine Bank Letter of Credit” passed on a 7 -0 vote of the Board.
8. The meeting adjourned at 6:47PM.