April 9, 2009
Present: John Anglim, Bruce Bonar, Sarah Lee Marshall, Claudia Ragar, Craig Roberts, Angie Salazar, Jen Taylor, Ryan Stringfellow. Not present: Gretchen Reist-Henderson, Andrea Metz.
0. The meeting was called to order at 5:37 PM.
1. Sarah read Global Ends Policy #3. It was suggested the word “indulge” be changed the next time the Ends Policy is revised. Several alternatives were suggested.
2. Minutes of the March 12, 2009 meeting were approved, with one correction. (The Retreat date was incorrectly reported as May 30/31. The correct date is May 30 only.)
3. Ryan prepared a list of the 27 members that pledged $250 or more in the last Fund Drive, which was circulated among the Board to sign up for Thank You calls.
4. a. The last Healthy Community radio show went well. It was suggested to locate podcasts of the programs on the Board of Directors and Public affairs pages on the website.
b. Board members were asked to supply at least 2 contacts for HC radio programs. Send the suggestions to Craig and Andrea.
c. The Human Services Council meeting schedule was passed around for sign-ups.
5. a. Craig Roberts and Bruce Bonar were selected as the Board-elected members for the next term.
b. The annual membership meeting will be held April 30, 2009, at 5:30 PM. The membership-elected Board member will be elected at that time. (Jen Taylor is the only declared candidate.)
Bylaws requirements for conducting the meeting were reviewed. Potential future candidates will be invited to attend. A special Board meeting will be held immediately following the membership meeting to elect officers for the coming year.
c. The Role Playing Exercise involved setting agendas, and went well.
6. a. The MOG sale is this Saturday (4/11). KAFM will have a booth. KAFM will also have a presence at the Earth Day celebration at the Fairgrounds 4/18 from 11 to 5.
b. The calendar was reviewed. There will be no regular Board meeting in May. The Board Retreat will be held May 30, at a location still to be confirmed.
7. The meeting adjourned at 6:37 PM.