January 14, 2010
Present: John Anglim, Bruce Bonar, Gretchen Reist-Henderson, Sarah Lee Marshall, Claudia Ragar, Craig Roberts, Steve Thompson, Mara Ferris, Ryan Stringfellow Not present: Angie Salazar, Jen Taylor Minutes by: Bruce Bonar
1. The meeting was called to order by Craig at 5:32.
2. Steve read Global Ends Policy #4.
The meeting went into an official time warp to hear the ED and Staff reports. Following the reports, the time warp was declared closed and the Board meeting resumed.
3. Minutes of the November 12, 2009, meeting were approved. There was no meeting in December (open house instead), so there are no December minutes. Ryan was given a signed copy of the approved November minutes for the file.
4. Healthy Community radio show:
- John provided a list of questions asked during the interviews.
- The next show will be the Grand Junction Symphony.
5. Policy Governance:
a. The Policy Governance role-playing exercise was postponed.
b. The revised Executive monitoring schedule was discussed.
c. - There was a discussion of doing a Policy Governance presentation as part of the Lifelong Learning series, separate from the presentation to the staff.
- It was suggested the staff be given the PowerPoint presentation prior to the staff meeting.
d. The staff will be given a presentation on Healthy Community from 9:30 to 10:15 at the staff meeting January 20. A policy Governance presentation will be given to the staff February 24.
e. There was a discussion of interest in Board officer positions for 2010.
- Bruce is willing to continue to be Secretary.
- Craig would accept being President.
- Claudia would accept being Vice President.
f. A printed copy of the Board motion previously approved by e-mail (regarding ED compensation) was signed by all Board members present.
g. In the continuing discussion of recruiting potential Board candidates, it was suggested the Board contemplate what particular skills would be desirable for new members to bring to the Board. (Examples given were attorney or accountant.)
6. Discussion of a 360˚ review was postponed. The ED did provide some background information.
7. Appreciation cards were signed and a calling list was circulated.
8. No “other business” items were discussed.
9. The meeting was adjourned.