October 16, 2008
Present: John Anglim, Bruce Bonar, Andrea Metz, Claudia Ragar, Craig Roberts, Angie Salazar, Jen Taylor, Ryan Stringfellow, Brit. Not present: Gretchen Reist-Henderson, Sarah Lee Marshall.
0. Meeting called to order at 5:38PM
1. Brit read the Mission Statement.
2. Minutes of the September 11, 2008 meeting were approved.
- The Board signed appreciation postcards to be sent to underwriters.
- Ryan will provide a list of 44 members who pledged $250 or more during the fall Fund Drive for the Board to call and thank.
4. Staff reports:
- The fall Fund Drive was successful. It was our 19th fund drive. We had 683 pledges, with 60 new members, raising $56,986.
- Landscaping and interior painting projects are well underway. There will be a volunteer workday on the landscaping Friday from 9 to 4.
- Excel will be shutting down power in the alley on Saturday from 9 to 3. We will have a generator to keep us on the air.
- Carl Bernstein plays at the Radio Room Saturday night. Sound check has been moved back to 3PM to accommodate the power shutdown.
- The staff is working on strategic planning information.
- We received a $1000 grant from the Western Colorado Community Foundation.
- Year to date, underwriting is still above budget.
5. A review of financial reports shows we’re in good shape.
6. Healthy Community:
- The next HSC meeting is next week (Jen will attend). Angie will go to the November meeting.
- A Healthy Community radio program was discussed for a public affairs time slot. The 1st Monday, 2nd Tuesday and 4th Wednesday slots are currently available. Possible show formats were discussed. Angie, Andrea, John and Craig will form a Healthy Community Operatives Committee.
7. Policy Governance:
- The PG retreat will be Saturday, Nov. 15, 9AM at Craig’s office (222 N 7th Street).
-Drinks and dinner will follow at Dolce Vita at 6:30. Peter, Julia, staff and spouses are invited. There will be a cash bar, and the Board will pick up the tab for dinner. RSVP by Nov. 9.
- Andrea suggested video taping Ellen’s retreat presentation, and excellent idea!
- A recognition award for Ellen was discussed.
8. No “Other” business was discussed.
9. Meeting adjourned at 7:02PM.