November 13, 2008
Present: John Anglim, Bruce Bonar, Sarah Lee Marshall, Andrea Metz, Craig Roberts, Jen Taylor, Ryan Stringfellow. Not present: Gretchen Reist-Henderson, Claudia Ragar, Angie Salazar.
0. Meeting called to order at 5:36PM. (Craig provided fermented beverages, Jen brought tasty snacks. Thanks!)
1. Ryan read the Mission Statement.
2. Minutes of the October 16, 2008 meeting were approved.
3. Appreciation postcards were signed by the Board.
4. Ryan gave Staff reports:
- Most of the staff were attending a 1 day RMCRC conference.
- Ryan participated in a CPB webinar training.
- Ryan will attend a Sales Force CRM training in December. The new CRM will be integrated before the Spring Fund Drive.
- Staff will attend Customer Service training in December with Third Sector.
- The landscaping project continues.
- The next Radio Room concert is December 6. The art gallery is still going on.
- Movies in the Radio Room! Ryan, Stacy and Gretchen have been meeting to discuss this. It is anticipated movies will run the third Thursday of each month, beginning in January.
- A new office phone set-up means if you call during core office hours (10-4) you will reach a live person!
- A $2500 match grant was received from the Gay and Lesbian Fund.
- $35,108 received from CPB.
- A $10,000 grant request was proposed to Williams Production.
- $111,629 in grants have been received YTD!
-Underwriting received in October was $9826 (budget was $8950).
- Total YTD underwriting received is $71,859 (103% of the $70,189 budget).
5. Financial Report summary: Awesome!
6. Healthy Community:
a. Sarah reported on the September HSC meeting.
b. Jen reported on the October HSC meeting. The possibility of hosting the HSC meeting in the Radio Room on September 15, 2009 was discussed.
c. The Healthy Community Radio Show concept was discussed, including the “hierarchy of needs”. A timeline was explored, including a possible kickoff in January.
7. Policy Governance:
a. The “KAFM Strategic Plan, Global Ends Objectives, Draft 11..2008 Draft” was discussed. It was agreed these objectives constitute a “wish list” within the framework of the Global Ends Policies, not a list of directives from the BOD to the ED. There was general agreement with the ordering of priorities assigned by the ED.
b. There was a discussion of plans, logistics, etc., for Saturday’s retreat. Stacy will record the presentation (both audio and video), and take the group photo. Please arrive early so we can begin at 9:00.
8. a. The Board met in Executive Session to discuss the Executive Director’s Annual Review and compensation. We are pleased to report that Ryan has accepted our invitation to continue as the Executive Director.
9. The meeting adjourned at 7:35PM.