April 17, 2008
Present: Sarah Lee Marshall, Dianne Dinnell, Gretchen Reist-Henderson , John Anglim, Jen Taylor, Bruce Bonar, Craig Roberts, Ryan Stringfellow, Andrea Metz and Claudia Ragar (guests). Not present: Angie Salazar, Barry Barak
1. Meeting was called to order. The minutes of the March 13 meeting were approved.
2. Ryan presented the staff report. The fund drive exceeded the goal of $58K, bringing in $62K in pledges and 116 new members. Solar is installed. Underwriting is going well. March came in at 104% of budget and Mara is at 86% of budget at mid-month for April. Peyton will be leaving as operations manager. Applications are due for the position by April 25. MOG Sale, benefiting KAFM, was held on April 13. Profits for KAFM are expected to be around $1,500 (5% of gross). Ryan also distributed the monthly financial report, showing net income to be $13K less than projected for March, 2008. This is due to a delay in receiving the CPB check due to the audit not being completed. Ryan is looking at refinancing options for KAFM debt.
3. The candidates for the three board seats were introduced (Andrea Metz, Gretchen Reist-Henderson and Claudia Ragar).
4. The board went into Executive Session.
5. Gretchen Reist-Henderson and Claudia Ragar were elected to the two board appointed seats.
6. Board members discussed potential interest in officer positions, to be decided at the next meeting.
7. The next meeting will be an informal one and is scheduled for May 15.
8. Meeting adjourned.