October 11, 2007
Present: Barry Barak, Craig Roberts, John Anglim, Sarah Marshall, Peter Trosclair, Gretchen Reist-Henderson, Bruce Bonar, Guy Stephens, and last, but certainly not least, Beautiful Julia!! Not Present: Diane Dinnell, Angie Salazar, Jen Taylor.
1. Minutes of the August 22 special meeting were approved subject to the following changes:
a. Bruce Bonar was not present.
b. Removal of the following language to Item 1.A was approved per subsequent email correspondence: “with no more than 3.3% annual rate increase”.
c. Approval of the minutes of the September meeting was moved to the November meeting.
2. Staff reports were presented regarding:
a. CPB requirements, funding, etc.
b. Underwriting report
c. Fund drive – reported pledges of $59,577
d. Raffle ticket sales
e. Budget for 2008
3. Discussion regarding a conceptual refresher course for Healthy Community project.
a. Diane Dinnell to meet with Mesa State Nursing Program.
b. Strategic Plan (City of Grand Junction) – Craig Roberts to “stay tuned into”.
c. Board involvement with major donors discussed – coordinate with Angie, Julia and Illene (Roggensack).
d. Need to develop greater use of station programs, etc. by not-for-profits (repeat contacts, email list, etc.) Human Services Council was suggested as a good starting point. Barry will contact Nancy Stalf.
e. Gretchen and Jen will contact the Tree House.
f. All board members are encouraged to think about possible contacts.
4. Discussion regarding development of an ends policy relating to Core Values was postponed until the November meeting.
5. The Strategic Planning Committee (Peter, Craig, Angie, Illene) would like to see board involvement. Are re-evaluating fundraising.
6. The next meetings are scheduled for November 8 and December 13. Discussion regarding the possibility of another January board retreat.
Sarah L. Marshall, Secretary