June 14, 2007
Present: Sarah Lee, Dianne Dinnell, Peter Trosclair, Julia Hall, Barry Barak, Gretchen Reist-Henderson, Angie Salazar, Jen Taylor, Bruce Bonar, Craig Roberts, Guy Stephens. Not present: John Anglim, Angie Salazar
1. Staff report was presented by Julia, Peter and Guy.
2. Meeting was called to order. The minutes of the May 10 meeting were approved, with the addition of Jen Taylor’s name to Item 6, as she will be attending the June 19 Human Services Council meeting as well.
3. Board members were asked to supply leads to Guy for underwriting. Several have already been received from Barry, Angie and Jen. Please try to get those to him as soon as possible.
4. A Community Advisory Board (CAB) is required to be in place in order to receive Colorado Public Broadcasting money. The CAB will report to and advise the Board regarding programming matters. It is proposed that they meet quarterly and that initial members be asked to commit to at least a two meeting trial period. Recommendations to fill the CAB are being requested by Ryan and Peter. The Board unanimously agreed that we support formation of the CAB, in theory, and authorized staff to select the initial members from recommendations provided by board members and staff. Recommendations should be to Peter and/or Ryan by next Wednesday (June 20).
5. A vote was held regarding the proposed by-law change regarding wording of Article VII, Section 7.1, classes of memberships. The proposed change was passed unanimously, pending counsel approval.
6. Healthy Community:
a. Notes from the meeting with KAFM board members, Western Colorado Congress, Mesa Land Trust and Housing Resources of Western Colorado, held March 8, were presented and briefly discussed.
b. John, Sarah, Barry, Diane and Jen will attend the June 19 meeting of the Human Services Council to discuss Healthy Community with that group.
c. Dianne suggested that a meeting with MSC Nursing be scheduled in the fall.
d. Gretchen would still like to meet with the Tree House. It was noted that they are a member of the Human Services Council.
e. The City of Grand Junction comprehensive plan is only in its beginning stages. Sarah and Craig will stay informed on that.
f. Craig met with Kristi Whitney, Hospice, and spoke informally about the HC project and Hospice.
7. The board agreed that we are on track with policy governance. A review of Ends Policy #1 was made to determine if the formation of the CAB would affect that policy. It was felt that it would not. The CAB will be given the Board’s ends policies and mandate that they abide by them.
8. The next meeting will be held at the July 12 Farmers Market. The August board meeting will be scheduled to coincide with the August 4 volunteer party at Kannah Creek. The September 13 meeting will be held at Dianne’s home on Glade Park. The donor/major underwriter party will be rescheduled for some time this fall.
9. There were no comments from guests/general public. There was no other business.
10. Meeting adjourned.
Sarah Marshall, Secretary