Linda Gann with Connect for Health Colorado in the Radio Room November 5 at 7 pm
Linda Gann will talk about health program changes and answer your questions.
November 5, 2013
7:00PM to 9:10AM
|Contact Name||(970) 241-8801|
|Ticket Notes:||"Free event, a $5 donation is most welcome."|
Colorado leaders have been working for years on solutions to the spiraling costs of health insurance and the impact that health care costs have on our state's budget. Building on recommendations from a two-year study begun in 2006 that recommended all Coloradans participate in health insurance and aligning with recent federal legislation, Connect for Health Colorado was created in 2011.
Starting in October, our marketplace will provide individuals and small businesses with competitive, private, market-driven access to health insurance. Coloradans will no longer be denied access to health insurance because of a pre-existing condition, nor will they be dropped if they develop a medical condition or illness, and there will be no annual or lifetime limits for essential health benefits.
Connect for Health Colorado will offer Coloradans a new way to shop for health insurance:
· You can choose and enroll in a health plan anytime between October 2013 through March 2014 (after that, open enrollment will be yearly from October 15 to December 7)
· Your coverage begins as early as Jan. 1, 2014
· You cannot be turned down for coverage because of a pre-existing condition
· You will not be asked to provide your health history, other than whether you use tobacco or if you are pregnant.
· We are the only place where you can access new federal tax credits, based on income, to reduce your costs
· You can quickly browse prices and health plan benefits and get an estimate of your possible savings, based on income, before filling out an application for coverage and financial assistance.
· You can compare health plans and prices from multiple major insurers in an easy-to-understand way, side-by-side
· You can select medical plans that include dental benefits, or choose medical and dental plans separately
· You can select a plan based on your preferred medical provider, deductible or premium amount
· We can help you at any point in the process – in person, over the phone, by online chat, or by accessing certified brokers in your area.
· We can help you determine if you or your family members are eligible for Medicaid or Child Health Plan Plus
That's November 5 at 7 pm in the KAFM Radio Room, 1310 Ute Avenue, Grand Junction Co. For more information call 241-8801, extension 223.
Linda Gann –Biography
Linda Gann is a western Colorado native. She has lived in Montrose since 1978. Linda and her husband operated family-owned farms and ranches in the Montrose area for over 20 years. After a successful career in the Montrose and Olathe school district, including raising over $10 million in grants for capital projects and two school-based health centers, Linda retired in September 2010 as the district’s Communications and Special Project Coordinator. She is currently the Western Slope Outreach Coordinator for Connect for Health Colorado.